Walt Disney World, Disneyland… all things Disney!
Check out our various Disney related Blogs, posts and guides:
- Ranking the Top 11 Thrill Rides at Walt Disney World
- Disney World vs Disney Land!
- Vacation Photos from Walt Disney World
- The Main Street Electrical Parade
- vegan at Disney World posts
- Ideas for Improving Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom Edition
- Ideas for Improving Walt Disney World: EPCOT Edition
- Ideas for Improving Walt Disney World: Hollywood Studios Edition
- Ideas for Improving Walt Disney World: Animal Kingdom Edition
- all Disney World posts
- all Disneyland and California Adventure posts
Since before I can remember, Walt Disney World has been a big part of my life. Writing that down now seems strange, but it’s true. Despite Disney World’s constant evolution, it holds a basic sameness, a nostalgic quality for me that never gets old. What a strange concept! Disney World is always changing, and yet it’s always the same. For example, when The Carousel of Progress first came to be, it featured the song, “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow,” but the it changed to, “The Best Time of Your Life,” (which is what I grew up with) and now they’ve changed it back to “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow,” for what reason, I don’t know. Who knows why they changed it in the first place? The mix of the old and new… you’re comforted by the old stuff, and excited by the new stuff. I’m also really happy that they updated Tomorrowland; the old version was getting pretty dated – yet it’s pretty much the same place. Sure, the attractions have changed… “If You Had Wings” has gone through more incarnations than any other attraction that I know of and is now “Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin,” and is a vast improvement. And of course, Circle Vision 360 has been closed since 2006… well, it was called “Metropolis Science Center” when it closed and was no longer playing “America The Beautiful” like it was when I was a kid, but instead, “The Timekeeper,” which I never got to see.
Enough of my blathering! Use the links above to check out my various Disney posts!