Great Movie Moments – The Social Network: You have the minimum amount
Posted by Jamie Insalaco
Sometimes, a movie has a scene in it that transcends the movie itself. The Social Network has one of those scenes, and this is it. The “You have the minimum amount” is one of these Great Movie Moments.
I’ve heard people say that The Social Network has as much to do with the book upon which it is based as the book does with actual events, which I take to mean that everything is bullshit, but hey, you’ve got to give it up to screenwriter Aaron Sorkin: this is a well crafted moment. Jesse Eisenberg knocks it out of the park; you can watch this scene completely out of context and think, “Wow, this movie must be amaz-balls.” I think that’s hyperbole, but it is a quality flick.
There is another moment in this movie that sticks with me, but not to the same degree.
Oh SNAP! Spider-Man is PISSED! You’ve got to love “I’m coming back for everything.” It’s magical. Andrew Garfield can really turn a phrase.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About Jamie InsalacoJamie Insalaco is the author of CreativeJamie.com, BomberBanter.com and editor in chief of ComicBookClog.com
Posted on September 22, 2015, in movie review and tagged Aaron Sorkin, Andrew Garfield, Great Movie Moments, Jesse Eisenberg, movie reviews, the social network. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.