Musings (May 29, 2012)
Posted by Jamie Insalaco
Just a few random musings on a sleepy afternoon…
It’s a nasty day here in the greater NYC area. 91 degrees, 46% humidity – every step outside of air conditioning is nearly torture. “Grown men were going up to cops on the street and begging them to shoot ’em.” Give yourself a point for identifying that quote.
CreativeJamie.com Traffic, Social Media…
Last Friday (May 25) was the busiest day CreativeJamie.com has every had – 381 views. Why, you ask? Maybe it’s because I wrote about Harry Potter that day. Maybe it was the day before a long weekend and people were just chillin at their office, reading the internet. Maybe it’s because I posted that shiz up on readit… Oh yeah, that was why – a ton of traffic came to the blog via readit – over 150 clicks. Hardcore. I also discovered the joy of StumbleUpon that Friday – if you’ve looking to waste time on the internet, I recommend giving it a try. Give yourself a point if you have a life (and/or a career) and don’t have time for StumbleUpon.
Please stop saying “More Cowbell”
I saw the “More Cowbell” Saturday Night Live skit 10 years ago, and it was funny. So bravo – people remembered something funny! (Just as a quick heads up, Christopher Walken can be funny as hell when he feels like it. Some of my favorite Christopher Walken moments can be seen in Batman Returns, True Romance or The Continental skit on SNL.) The problem is not just that this reference has overstayed it’s welcome, but that it was never funny in the first place. People in my office say it all the time, it pops up in movies and I don’t get why. Let’s put a lid on this once and for all. Give yourself a point if you don’t make this reference.
Ads on CreativeJamie.com
In an attempt to recoup expenses (and buy more video equipment), there are now ads on CreativeJamie.com. Gooooooooo capitalism! The ads you see on the site are powered by Word Ads. Do you think they have a relationship with Pepsi? I’m pretty sure they do. Also, that woman’s face freaks me right the fuck out. Give yourself a point if you like Pepsi.
I got two points. How’d you do?
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)