Learn Bartending: Whiskey & Eggnog
I am the worst bartender ever. But, here’s the deal:
I like to mix whiskey and egg nog… and it’s that easy. Drop some whiskey in a glass and cover it with eggnog. I used to think that ‘mixed drinks’ meant half alcohol, half other ingredients, but fortunately, I’ve learned that it’s usually just 1 shot of alcohol and fill the rest of the glass with the other ingredient(s), so now when people come by for a drink, they don’t immediately pass out. Yeah, back in the day, I would take a 12 ounce glass and fill it with half Captain Morgan’s spiced rum, half coke and just hand it to someone like that’s what it was supposed to be, and if you couldn’t handle, I would say, “Psh, you’re a light weight.” Little did I know I was killing people’s livers.
Anyway, I recommend the following materials for an eggnog and whiskey mixer:
- 1 juice glass (something around 6 to 10 oz; an “Old Fashioned” glass)
- silk nog (or eggnog, whatever – I generally use Silk’s Holiday Nog)
- the cheapest whiskey you can find
- I recommend at least one shot of whiskey, but one and a half shots is probably the right amount – add to taste. i recommend cheap whiskey because you’re mixing it with the overpowering flavor of eggnog, so there’s no point in using the expensive stuff. If it comes in a plastic jug, I think you bought the right product.
- a sprinkle (don’t go crazy) of cinnamon is also a good idea, but you need to mix that in thoroughly
That’s it – it’s that easy. Drink up, drink responsibly, and Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy Whatever.
More Learn Bar Tending at creativejamie.com/category/learn-bar-tending/
More Christmas at https://creativejamie.com/category/christmas-blog-posts/
More Videos at creativejamie.com/category/video/
Posted on November 8, 2011, in christmas blog posts, Learn Bar Tending, vegan stuff, videos and tagged bar tending, bartending, christmas blog posts, christmas drinks, egg nog, eggnog, happy holidays, Learn Bar Tending, learn bartending, mixed drink, whiskey. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.